DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) is designed to assist in understanding how we collect, use, manage, protect and/or process your personal data you have provided to Singapore Global Trust Pte. Ltd. (“SG Global Trust”)
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from the data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Examples of personal data could include names, identification numbers, contact information, financial records, photographs and video images.
Before collecting and/or disclosing of any personal data, SG Global Trust will notify you of the intended purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
• to provide you with information, materials, publications and client communications which we think you will find valuable;
• to communicate with you to inform you of changes and updates to our policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information, including professional services provided to you;
• to administer, maintain, manage and operate trust services on your behalf, including liaising with banks, fund managers, corporate secretarial service providers and government authorities;
• to comply with all relevant regulations, authorities and reporting obligations in relation to the trust business;
• to verify your identity for the purposes of providing you with our services;
• to respond to your queries and requests and handling complaints;
• to keep proper records and documentation in relation to trust services provided to you;
• to provide and improve our services to you and our clients;
• to manage our relationship with you and our clients;
• to fulfil our legal obligations, protect our legal interests and rights; and
• any other purpose directly relating to any of the above.
We do not sell or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any non-related third party, except as described in this Notice or with your prior permission
We do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
REQUEST TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner: [email protected]
We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 9 June 2021
Last updated: 9 June 2021